Marshall Motor Group is a multi-award winning company with strong values that put our people and customers at the heart of everything we do. Recently being recognised by the Great Place to Work Institute as one of the UK’s Best Large Workplaces, we have approximately 4,000 colleagues and a turnover of over £2 billion; we are still growing!
The position is field-based, however, close to Milton Keynes would be advantageous as central to all our retailers in Bedford, Bury St Edmunds, Cambridge, Halesworth, Ipswich, Lincoln, Melton Mowbray, Newbury, Oxford and Peterborough.
KEY PURPOSE OF THE JOB
• Support of the Franchise Director and management to achieve an optimal utilisation of the market, a high level of customer satisfaction and high yields for the department.
• The management of marketing activities for all the company's products and services.
• Support in the planning and co-ordination of all marketing activities across sales, service, parts and fleet departments.
• Management of local marketing measures and internal communications
• Producing and distributing core marketing reports where necessary
• Co-ordination of marketing agencies, suppliers and contacts
• Ensuring image of company is consistent with that of manufacturers brand image and corporate identity
• The management and implementation of marketing campaigns, online and off-line campaigns, sales promotion measures and events.
• Ensuring local marketing measures for acquisition and gaining customer loyalty are designed, implemented and carried out, taking central targets into consideration
• Developing sales channel concepts and suggesting them to the wider marketing function.
• Co-ordinating marketing planning processes with the manufacturer, Franchise Director and management team.
• Contact for the implementation of marketing systems and standards
• Responsible for the update/management of advertising material
• Co-ordinate the central digital team regarding the update of digital assets/real estate/social media
• Ensuring legal requirements connected with own advertising and sales promotion campaigns are upheld
• Ensuring reports on marketing measures are completed
• Assisting with the update of the Marketing Activity Planner and timely submission of reports and plans to the manufacturer
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED FOR THE JOB
A professional Marketing Manager is an expert in marketing and thus conveys the image of the company and the brand(s). He/she creates added value and, by being consistently oriented to the market and full of creative ideas, generates enthusiasm for the product both among customers and employees.
A Marketing Manager has a feel for market developments, can analyse these appropriately and initiate appropriate marketing measures. These skills and his/her convincing personality allows him to establish relations between companies and customers that create added value.
A Marketing Manager (in conjunction with the Franchise Director and management team) is able to draw up long-term financial plans, can carry out budget/project planning and controlling and handles resources and risks responsibly. He/she can develop targeted sales promotion measures and can evaluate their effectiveness and quality, as he/she can those of his/her competitors. He/she knows the sales structures and the relevant key figures, as well as service providers in the marketing/ PR business and uses these contacts constructively.
A Marketing Manager is open to new ideas and sensitive to customers' needs and can thus integrate trends into his strategies and generate his/her own creative ideas for the market. He/she recognises interconnections, can explain complicated issues and argues logically. He/she is a team player and projects self-assurance. He/she is interested in future oriented ideas and influences of other cultures, has a broad general knowledge and is up to date on matters.
Bachelor degree or professional marketing qualification/relevant market experience.
Previous motor trade marketing experience is ESSENTIAL.
Marshall Motor Group are able to offer a long, secure, progressive, exciting and rewarding career to the ideal candidate. If you have the drive, determination and are passionate about succeeding we would like to hear from you.
To find out more – please send your CV (and current salary package) to: Philip J. Deacon, Marshall Motor Group, Head of Marketing – email@example.com
15 September 2018