Pentagon Commercials Fareham
Full Time – Monday – Friday (08:00 – 18:00) + Saturday Rota
Key Purpose of the Job:
To ensure the efficient operation of the workshop team, to meet and exceed customer expectations and maximise workshop profitability.
- To receive customers and their vehicles in a friendly and professional manner, discuss and confirm their requirements and take responsibility for the vehicle during its time at the dealer.
- To assist the flow of work into the workshop, allocating work as required and maximising the use of available resource with-in required customer deadlines
- To keep customers fully and regularly informed of changes to costs and expected completion times/dates.
- To monitor and update workshop loading to maximise workshop profitability.
- To ensure that job extensions are properly authorised and processed.
- To ensure that visual health check procedure is carried out as per MBUK guidelines.
- To ensure that vehicles are properly handed over to customers, including invoice explanation and advising future requirements.
- To ensure that loan vehicles, collection and delivery drivers operate to schedule.
- To ensure that invoicing is accurate and completed on time.
- To take responsibility for sub contracted repairs and ensure the quality of such.
- To ensure that the authorisation of warranty and goodwill is given strictly in accordance with the manufacturers programme.
- To make sure cash invoices are allocated when vehicles are released and order numbers are obtained and allocated to account invoices.
- To assist with managing truckfile E.I.S completion and uploads.
- To assist with MB24HR job process and invoicing.
- To assist with achieving monthly targets on both labour sales and K.P.I’s set by Mercedes-Benz.
- To promote and assist in selling service plans and maintenance contracts.
Skills & Experience Required
- Practical experience in an After Sales environment.
- Ability to identify and differentiate between the various MBCV models and lines (10 year parc).
- Knowledge of the function of all vehicle controls and systems for each model.
- Ability to recognise and name all major components, their approximate location and function.
- Ability to carry out basic fault diagnosis based on customer description, vehicle inspection or road test.
- Ability to estimate accurately times for diagnosis and repair.
- Ability to determine condition of safety related parts i.e. tyres, brake pads, and wiper blades.
- Ability to determine the complexity of body/paint repair (smart repair or full bodyshop).
- Good administrational skills and process.
- Demonstrably numerate and literate.
- Should possess good customer relations skill to adapt to customers individual requirements whilst safeguarding the Company’s interest.
- Ability to handle pressure without it affecting working relationships and effectiveness.
- Should possess excellent listening skills.
- Should possess strong self-organisational skills.
Competitive with bonus scheme
22 days paid holiday per annum plus bank holidays, auto enrolment to a workplace pension, staff discounts, and future opportunities to progress within the Group.
For further details about the role please contact Steve Hawkins, After Sales Manager (Service), Marshall Pentagon Commercials, Standard Way, Fareham Industrial Park, Fareham, Hampshire PO16 8XL. Phone number 01329 286224. Alternatively, you can email him at: email@example.com