Let us check your brake fluid
Did you know?
- Brake fluid is a vital part to your safety as any of the other parts in your braking system.
- Over time brake fluid absorbs moisture which will lower its boiling point.
- With a lower boiling point,
inefficiencies will creep into your braking system which could
eventually cause your brakes to fail altogether.
- If your vehicle does not have safe
brakes you can be fined £5,000 in the Magistrates Court, more in the
Crown Court and in the event of a fatal accident you could even face
- Saying that you thought you had
maintained the braking system by servicing your vehicle at the
appropriate service intervals is not an acceptable defence.
- Brake fluid absorbs air and moisture over time resulting in inefficient braking and eventually brake failure.
- With the introduction of Corporate
Manslaughter, Corporate Homicide and Health and Safety Legislation your
duty of care to your employees and others could cost you 10% of your
average annual turnover or more if there are aggravating factors.
- Mercedes-Benz recommends that the brake fluid in your vehicle be renewed at least every two years.
Brake Fluid Change
- Check brake fluid levels and for signs of leakage.
- Drain brake fluid and renew using
Mercedes-Benz approved brake fluid (a brake fluid that meets all of the
franchise optimum braking requirements).
- Test braking system.
- Record in service book.
- Dispose of old brake fluid in accordance with environmental regulations.
Brake Fluid Change and Braking Check £51.00
Price excludes VAT. Terms and Conditions apply.